Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
- Position number 22351
- Employment Type Permanent Part Time, Permanent Full Time
- Midland Hospital
- Award SJGHC WA AMA EBA Cycle A
- Classification Consultant 40 Hours
- Hours per Fortnight 80.00
With a total of 367 beds, 307 for public patients and 60 for private patients, St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals is conveniently located within one complex, bringing health care closer to home. First class, contemporary facilities and our distinctive compassionate care will greatly contribute to a healthy future for the people of Midland and surrounding communities.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Obstetrician & Gynaecologists to join our team on a locum arrangement.
Consultants will be responsible for the provision of specialist medical services to public Obstetrics and Gynaecology patients.
There is scope for individuals to also provide private obstetrics at a nearby SJG private hospital that has a dedicated maternity unit.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake clinical shifts as requested and participate in after hours and weekend on call service supported by junior medical staff.
Salary packaging and flexible work options are available.
The successful candidates will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology or equivalent.
- Eligible for full registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia as a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge in the speciality and a special interest or area of expertise in an area of gynaecological surgery to fit departmental requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical teaching and research.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills with an ability to liaise effectively with patients and their families, staff and external providers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement principles and experience in implementing and maintaining Quality Assurance Programs together with personal professional development programs.
- Demonstrated competency in providing clinical leadership in a work environment.
- Current knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements in the areas of Equal Opportunity,
- Disability Services and Occupational Safety & Health, and how these impact on employment, people management and service delivery.
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
Closing date: 18/03/2018
- Organisation St John of God Health Care
- Salary Salary Dependent on qualifications
- Location Midland, Perth
- Contact person Dr Sayanta Jana + 61 2 9462 4917