- Position number 22483
- Employment Type Permanent Part Time
- Division Bendigo Hospital Award Health Professionals & Support Services Award 2010
- Classification Pastoral Associate 38 Hrs
- Salary Dependent on qualifications
- Hours per Fortnight 45.60
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
With over 120 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Bendigo Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Pastoral Associate to work under the supervision of the Pastoral Practitioner to provide pastoral ministry for patients and families while respecting cultural, religious and spiritual differences.
A sound understanding of healthcare ministry, theology and liturgy and a commitment to progressing your pastoral services career is essential for further consideration.
This position will be offered on a permanent part-time basis, working 45.6 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Demonstrated understanding of the ethos of Catholic Health.
- A vocational certificate 1V or above and/or tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrated understanding of pastoral presence.
- Demonstrate capacity to work with key stakeholders i.e. religious bodies and faith communities.
- Sound interpersonal communication and counselling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional boundaries while providing Pastoral Services within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to completing a unit of CPE within the first year of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with music as a pastoral tool.
- Competent in the use of computers, word, excel, e-mail.
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development
- Parking Available
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) *
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
Contact Person Lynda Wyles
Coordinator of Pastoral Services
Contact Number +61 3 5434 3575
Closing Date 23/03/2018
- Organisation St John of God Health Care
- Location Bendigo, VIC