Clinical Liaison Nurse
- Position number 21871
- Permanent Part Time, Permanent Full Time
- Bunbury Hospital
- Award Bunbury Enterprise Agreement Nurses
- Classification Snr Nurse Level 1 38Hr Week
- Hours per Fortnight Negotiable
St John of God Bunbury Hospital has an opportunity for motivated and dynamic Alcohol and Other Drug Clinical Liaison Nurses to join the South West Community Alcohol & Drug Service (SWCADS).
Reporting to the Manager SWCADS, you will provide a high standard clinical service to patients affected by alcohol and other drugs and deliver consultancy to the campus, by conducting comprehensive AOD assessments and supporting staff with the management and training of treatment for patients. You will be a strategic operator who can develop, implement and evaluate AOD guidelines and ensure best practice methodology is applied.
Demonstrated advanced specialist expertise and knowledge in the assessment and nursing management of complex AOD presentations and comorbid conditions, current registration or eligibility to be registered with AHPRA and sound leadership skills are essential for further consideration.
Positions will be offered on a permanent basis, with hours to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated advanced specialist expertise, knowledge and skill in the assessment and nursing management of complex alcohol and other drug presentations and comorbid conditions.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to consult, coordinate and liaise with a range of stakeholders in various contexts.
- Demonstrated advanced clinical leadership skills and experience within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating education and training.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for the Equal Opportunity Act (1984), Disability Services Act (1993), Occupational Safety and Health Act (1984), Mental Health Act (2014) and Carers Recognition Act (2004).
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) *
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
Closing Date 13/02/2018
- Organisation St John of God Health Care
- Salary Salary Dependent on qualifications
- Location Bunbury WA
- Contact person Jon Farr, Manager South West Community Alcohol & Drug Team +61 8 9721 9256