Communications and Development Manager
Council of Catholic School Parents NSW/ACT
The Council of Catholic School Parents NSW/ACT (CCSP) is an association within the Catholic Church and is the largets non-government parent body in NSW, representing the interests of the parents and carers of more than 250,000 Catholic school students in nearly 600 schools. Its mission is to provide leadership, advocacy and support, by encouraging partnership between families and schools, working with government to improve outcomes for students, and providing professional learning opportunities for teachers, principals and parents.
Reporting to the Executive Director, CCSP, and a key member of the leadership team, the Communications and Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for developing and writing interesting, original and compelling content across multiple communications channels which focus on the mission of CCSP as well as the challenges that face families and schools within the Catholic Education system. The CDM will engage with relevant state and federal government stakeholders and media personnel with a view to ensuring the voice of Catholic school parents is heard, and working towards improving student outcomes and wellbeing. The CDM also works closely with the leadership team to strengthening partnerships between familes and schools.
This role is a permanent part-time position, working 3 days per week. The role is based in the Sydney CBD.
The Communications and Development Manager will ideally possess the following experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications or other relevant discipline
- Proven track record of writing original and compelling content
- Familiarity of current key issues facing schools, parents and families
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite as well as building digital stories for websites and social media platforms
- Experience in video production is desirable
- An ability to recognise external media opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening an organisational skills
- Current Working With Children Check
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the Position Description is available Here
Applications must include a Cover Letter (outlining how your skills and experience align with the Key Requirements listed above) and Resume and be forwarded to email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday, 27 February 2018
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
- Organisation Council of Catholic School Parents
- Location Polding Centre, Sydney, NSW
- Contact person Anthony Spata 0402 210 055