Community Engagement Co-ordinator
- Promote mission and services of CatholicCare to the broader Catholic community
- Build relationships through engagement with Catholic parishes, groups and communities
- Multiple positions available (Full-time or Part-time)
- Lewisham based
Building collaborative and beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders (community, Catholic Church leaders, parishes, schools and other agencies) the Community Engagement Coordinator promotes the mission and services of CatholicCare to the boarder Catholic community within the Archdiocese of Sydney.
Your demonstrated understanding of key issues and programs within CatholicCare and your proven ability to build relationships through community development, engagement of leaders or outreach services will enable you to build and maintain contacts that promote the mission and services of CatholicCare. Working collaboratively with Bishops, Clergy, School Principals and people within the Catholic community of Sydney, excellent communication skills, organisation and adaptability skills are expected, as will your ability to promote CatholicCare’s social services programs and fundraising initiatives.
CatholicCare Sydney is the official social services agency of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Sydney. We are a leading not-for-profit agency providing care and support to people in Sydney across a wide range of social services: Children and families, relationships, ageing, disability, employment, mental health and youth programs.
These Full-time or Part-time positions are headquartered in Lewisham but can work out CatholicCare’s branch offices throughout Sydney. They offer access to salary packaging.
Knowledge, skills, and experience requiredWe ae seeking candidates who can demonstrate:
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church and its structure; agreement with its key principles and teachings and ability to undertake the role in accordance with CatholicCare’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder relations and build collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships across a range of stakeholders
- Interest in or understanding of key, current issues faced by parishes, schools and other agencies
- An ability to understand and deliver upon the commercial imperatives within the organisation, understanding that this is our means of realising our mission
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Excellent influencing, networking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and proven ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Tertiary qualifications or commensurate experience that relate to the role or our sectors
- Project management and team management skills
- Previous experience in community development and/or outreach would be desirable
- Previous fundraising experience or exposure to fundraising programs would be desirable
- Working with Children Check
- Driver Licence
Contact Gerard Dunne, Recruitment Co-ordinator on (02) 9509 1111.
How to apply
After reviewing the above selection criteria please email email@example.com the following:
- a brief letter describing how your skills, work experience, qualifications/training and personal attributes match the listed knowledge, skills, and experience required ; and
- a brief resume.
The selection process
CatholicCare may use a range of tools and techniques to assess the suitability and relative merit of applicants including, but not limited to the following:
- assessment activities
- referee reports.
Applications close 4pm Friday 9 February 2018
CatholicCare requires the preferred applicant to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check prior to employment and may also require a Working with Children Check.
- Organisation CatholicCare Sydney
- Location Lewisham, Sydney NSW
- Contact person Gerard Dunne +61 2 9509 1111