Executive Director of Mission
- Inspire and lead a value based Hospital
- Permanent, full time position
- Fitzroy location
About St Vincent’s Hospital
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 5,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia’s leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
The Mission Directorate is responsible for ensuring the continuation of our Mission, embedding it in our culture and practice, in a way that encourages and supports the positive contribution of our staff across the organisation as they provide care for patients.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director of Mission is accountable for the leadership and strategic direction of a full range of Mission activities across St Vincent’s Hospital.
As the Executive Director of Mission you will ensure mission is integrated into all operations and services that St Vincent’s provides and that the Catholic ethos of St Vincent’s is maintained. In addition, you will lead inspire a dedicated team to deliver excellence in patient care and outcomes through emulating our mission and values.
- Empower staff to understand and be inspired by the mission and values of St Vincent’s
- Strategically develop, build and maintain safe and efficient best practice mission services
- Liaise on behalf of St Vincent’s Hospital with other Catholic stakeholders
- Develop strategies and activities to address vulnerable patient groups, implementing opportunities through SVHA Inclusive Health Innovation Fund
- Promote Aboriginal employment initiatives through the SVHM Aboriginal Employment Plan and the SVHA Aboriginal Reconciliation Plan
- Participate and lead committees including the SVHA Mission, Ethics and Advocacy Sub-Committee as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Theological qualifications with demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church
- Previous experience in leading a values – based team as a senior leader within a demanding and diverse organisational environment
- Extensive verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to effectively manage, and influence with confidence
- Demonstrated ability deliver results, manage a budget and capture opportunities whilst upholding high ethical and professional standards
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Applicants are encouraged to apply on Workday via the following link: Click Here
If you have further questions about the role, please contact Chris Roussos, Executive Director People and Corporate Support, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne on 03 9231 3679.
- Organisation St Vincent's Hospital
- Location Fitzroy, Melbourne
- Contact person Chris Roussos +61 3 9231 3679