Head of Department, Paediatrics
- Reference Number 22482
- Head of Department, Paediatrics
- Employment Type Permanent Full Time
- Division Midland Hospital
- Award SJGHC WA AMA EBA Cycle A
- Consultant 40 Hours
- Hours per Fortnight 80.00
As a Catholic, not-for-profit group, we invest in the communities we serve by updating and expanding our facilities and technology; expanding existing services and developing and acquiring new services; and providing Social Outreach and Advocacy services to people experiencing disadvantage to improve health and wellbeing.
St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospital seeks a suitably qualified and experienced Head of Department – Paediatrics to provide leadership and management in the Department of Paediatrics.
The busy paediatric ward provides a variety of medical and surgical services to public and private paediatric patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis. As the HoD, you will be tasked with:
Providing clinical leadership to ensure personalised, effective and timely patient care for patients of the specialty.
Providing clinical strategic leadership for the successful delivery of admitted and non-admitted services, meeting clinical indicators and budgetary targets.
Strategic leadership and direction, service planning, effective management and provision of services in the Department of Paediatrics.
This position is being offered on a permanent full time basis.
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Fellow of the Australian College in the practice of Paediatrics.
- Registration as a Specialist in Paediatrics with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated substantial clinical experience in the management of high acuity patients in a complex hospital environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and facilitate effective patient centred multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to implement sustainable change to improve patient safety and reduce unnecessary delays in patient management.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to clinical teaching and clinical research.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with an ability to liaise effectively with patients, individuals and the multidisciplinary team.
- As a not-for-profit organisation you will be rewarded with a remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience, also offering attractive salary packaging opportunities, along with a working environment that is consistent with our values.
Contact Person Sayanta Jana
Contact Number +61 8 9462 4917
Closing Date 19/03/2018
- Salary Salary Dependent on qualifications
- Location Midland, Perth WA