Interfaith & Ecumenical Executive Officer, Commission for Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations
The Commission for Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations is commissioned by The Archbishop of Sydney to promote an environment of understanding and cooperation with other religions in the Sydney region.
The primary purpose of this position is to is to assist the Director of the Commission in current projects and initiatives endorsed by the Agency.
The Executive Officer will report to the Director, Commission for Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations. This role is a full-time role and is based at the Polding Centre, in the Sydney CBD.
The primary tasks of the role include:
- Reporting activities to the Commission, outside community groups and the media
- Attending meetings when required of: Council of Christians and Jews, Commission for Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations, Ecumenical Council, Council for Churches NSW, National Council of Churches, Abrahamic Conference Committee, and Together for Humanity Steering Committee
- Compiling agendas, reports, minutes and other material in preparation and follow up from meetings where required
- Administrative duties such as filing, scrutinizing mail, maintaining diary, preparing for meeting managing bookings.
- Promotion of events initiated/endorsed by the Archbishop and organized by the Commission for Ecumenism and Interfaith Relation.
The ideal candidate should satisfy the following selection criteria:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience either in a similar role or in a role encompassing the key areas of competency for this position
- Demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Experience or interest in developing knowledge in the area of project management
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Experience at taking minutes and records
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without close supervision and to be accountable for performance.
- Excellent organisational skills, with a focus on results and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional manner and presentation
- Demonstrated commitment to client services and a willingness to be accountable for his or her performance
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
Applicants should submit a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role by addressing each of the required skills and attributes of this role (as outlined under the selection criteria above), as well as a resume outlining your qualifications and experience
Applications to be sent in confidence to:
Employment Services Manager
Polding Centre, Level 5
133 Liverpool Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
or to: email@example.com
Applications close: 19 January, 2018
- Organisation Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney
- Location Polding Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Contact person David Nethery +61 2 9390 5198