Nurse Unit Manager (Obstetrics)
- Reference Number 22542
- Employment Type Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
- Division Ballarat Hospital
- Award Ballarat Enterprise Agreement Nurses
- Classification Nurse Unit Manager 38hrs
- Hours per Fortnight 76.00
St John of God Ballarat Hospital has a new and exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated nursing leader to join our 3 East (Obstetrics) team.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, this position will play a key role in providing leadership and management to Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Newborn Services.
This is a great opportunity for you to use your skills, with responsibility for all related services including Parent Education, Delivery Suite, NNU, Ante/Post Natal and Gynaecology wards and our Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Service. As a member of the Executive team, it is expected that you will actively embrace and encourage a positive, service orientated culture with all key stakeholders.
This position will be offered on a permanent full-time or part-time basis, with hours between 68.4-76 per fortnight being negotiated with the successful candidate. Participation in the On-call roster is essential.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia to practice as a Nurse/Midwife in Australia.
- Post Graduate qualifications in Nursing Management, General Management, Information Systems,
- Business Administration or other health related field (or working towards).
- Extensive clinical nursing / midwifery experience relevant to the position.
- Strong commitment to lead the Vision, Mission and Values of SJGHC, as outlined in ‘Our Vision’.
- Proven ability to visibly and actively lead, direct and coordinate a clinical safety and quality program that places the patient at the centre, optimises outcomes and delivers an excellent patient experience.
- Demonstrated ability to nurture, motivate and develop the team and to build effective and sustainable nursing, medical and interdisciplinary relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to assess competing priorities and to focus on achieving key outcomes within the scope of available resources.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available or Travel Green Allowance
- Professional Development
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) *
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
Contact Person Maruia Noonan
Director of Nursing
Contact Number (03) 5320 2533
Closing Date 08/04/2018
- Organisation St John of God Health Care
- Salary $97,472.00 to $102,176.00
- Location Ballarat, VIC