Campus Location: North Sydney
Functional Unit: Office of the Vice President
- Provide operational support to Church relations projects
- Utilise your experience and knowledge of the structures and communities of the Catholic Church both domestic and international
- Enhance the mission and identity of ACU through provision of thorough and timely research
- Full-time, continuing role based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Office of the Vice President (OVP) is responsible for Church-related operations of the University and brings together new and existing Catholic functions. The Office of the Vice President animates programs and activities that engage, celebrate, and support the University community’s development in and understanding of our Mission, Catholic identity, and living traditions.
As Project Officer you will:
- assist with the International Church Projects work stream of the Office of the Vice President
- develop and maintain project management databases and timelines
- generate proposals for advancing the work of the Directorate and the mission of the University
- establish sustainable working relationships to promote project objectives and liaise with Church partners.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- a relevant degree with subsequent work experience in research support management/administration (preferably in a Catholic context)
- strong project management skills including working to tight timeframes
- experience in working to and reporting against project deliverables
- an understanding of and commitment to the University’s core mission and values as a leading Catholic University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Project Officer PD.pdf
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $99,129-$107,286 pa, including salary component $83,765- $90,658pa Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Nigel Zimmermann, Associate Director, Church Policy on (02) 9739 2577.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 27 February at 11.55pm
- Organisation Australian Catholic University
- Salary Total remuneration valued to $99,129-$107,286 pa, including salary component $83,765- $90,658pa Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Location North Sydney, NSW
- Contact person Arnette Capala +61 2 9465 9104