About National Catholic Education Commission
The National Catholic Education Commission (NCEC) aims to be a strong advocate for Catholic Schools that is well regarded for its ability to clearly articulate the needs and values of Catholic schools by collaborating with all its stakeholders and demonstrating education policy leadership.
The successful applicant needs to be self-motivated, juggle priorities and have the ability to multi-task, display a friendly demeanour complimented by professional phone etiquette. They will be required to have good time management, organisational skills and attention to detail.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include being the face of the NCEC office, taking incoming calls to reception, making travel and meeting arrangements, registering and preparing correspondence, ordering office supplies, maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills. If the candidate has previous experience as a Secretary or Executive/Administrative Assistant and familiarity with our industry sector that would be beneficial.
Ultimately a successful Administrative Assistant for this role should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office and enjoy it.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in administration support, virtual assistant or executive assistant roles
- Demonstrated competency in using Microsoft Office suite programs and knowledge of efficient office record systems and procedures and a willingness to learn new systems
- Ability to work independently and collectively as part of a small team and show initiative
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Post-secondary qualifications in secretarial and/or administration
This is a newly created temporary position that will continue until January 2020. It may develop into a longer term contract or permanent role.
How to apply for this job
You should address the criteria listed above and email your application (CV and short cover letter with contact details for referees included) to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business on Monday 29 April.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job.