Acting Religious Education Coordinator
K-6, 357 Students
Commencement Date: Term 1, 28 January 2022 (12-month contract)
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
At St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School Marrickville, we are an inclusive and multiculturally diverse community that partners closely with parents, our parish and local organisations, with an aim to provide rich and authentic opportunities for students. Academic achievement is seamlessly interconnected with student wellbeing and creative and practical arts.
We live through our values and encourage students to be risk-takers and problem-solvers in contemporary learning environments. Sustainability is essential as we encourage children to be stewards of their environment and active contributors to their world. St Brigid’s provides the foundation for an exceptional K–12 pathway.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of Catholic schools
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and / or system level
- is committed to working closely with the priests and the parish community
- can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning;
- is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning
- has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- has completed, or has evidence of, study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education or Theology
- has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation (6.5)
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at lead teacher level, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- post graduate units of study in leadership (advantageous).
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- cover letter
- academic transcripts
- Parish Priest reference
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing [email protected].
Working With Children Clearance
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a Working With Children Clearance to be completed prior to commencement of employment.
Closing Date: Monday, 20 September 2021
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.