Assistant Principal – Religious Education Identity & Mission K-12
St Francis Catholic College, Edmondson Park
- Work type: Permanent full time
- Job no: 492963
- Categories: Assistant Principal, Assistant Principal
St Francis Catholic College, Edmondson Park is located near the junction of the M5 & M7 motorways. It is a rapidly growing P-12 Diocesan Catholic College in the Edmund Rice tradition. Established in 2017, the College expects to have a student population of 870 students for 2020 in Years K-10. The College is one school, not a traditional primary school and high school coexisting on the same site. As such, the College is organised into Junior Years Learning (K-4), Middle Years Learning (5-8) and Senior Years Learning (9-12).
The position commencing in January 2020 will provide an exciting opportunity to join the senior leadership of a new learning initiative in Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong operating in partnership with Edmund Rice Education Australia. This role has been deliberately designed to provide a K-12 approach to the structure and educational delivery at St Francis College. Applicants will have a primary, middle school, secondary or K-12 background and a strong passion for seamless educational provision for children and young people.
The leadership structure will have 3 Assistant Principal portfolios from 2020, all across K-12. The portfolios are Religious Education Identity and Mission, Teaching and Learning, and Pastoral Care.
While we are currently recruiting for the Religious Education Identity and Mission K-12 position, the 3 portfolios are intended to rotate among the 3 Assistant Principals approx. every 3 years and in consideration of the best interests of the students and the developmental needs and skill sets of the incumbents at the time.
Essential Criteria for this role include:
- A deep understanding and commitment to being an active Catholic engaged in the issues of our contemporary world
- A comprehensive knowledge of the purpose of a Catholic school particularly in the tradition of the Edmund Rice charism and within the broader evangelising mission of the Catholic Church
- A well-articulated Catholic pedagogy and successful experience in creating an effective religious education learning environment for staff and students
- Demonstrated ability to develop Catholic identity and mission in a school, with a passion to bring this to a developing K-12 setting
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- A highly effective and research based understanding of how students can be supported to grow spiritually and theologically
- Effective organisational skills that have high impact on policy and process implementation
- The ability to communicate clearly and constructively give and receive feedback
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional learning
- Ability to analyse, interpret and understand relevant data to inform future plans for the advancement of this developing K-12 school
- Appropriate qualifications and experience in leadership of religious education and mission.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Please call Executive Assistant to the Head of Human Resource Services, Paula Vera on 02 4253 0957 to discuss your interest in this position before commencing your online application and to obtain a role description.
Applicants are to complete an online application which asks to briefly address the essential criteria (equivalent to 2 pages).
To confidentially discuss your application or general interest in this position please contact Carolyn Hadley, Head of Human Resource Services on 02 4253 0952.
To submit your application please select the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of this advertisement.
Closing date: Friday 24 May 2019 at 5pm