Assistant to the Executive Director: Early Childhood Education & Care
- Senior Salary
- Reports to: Executive Director of Catholic Education
- 1.0 FTE (negotiable)
- Bendigo or Tatura
From January 2021, Catholic Education Sandhurst Ltd. (CES Ltd.) will be the newly instituted authority responsible for fifty-two schools across the Diocese of Sandhurst. It will also provide support and assistance to four secondary colleges owned and operated by Religious Institutes.
Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Ltd (SCECE&C Ltd) also newly instituted, will have responsibility for two kindergartens currently operating and the development and planning for additional settings in early childhood education & care.
The Executive Director of Catholic Education and all delegations via that position operate within the parameters of Canon Law and the Catholic Church structures and processes. SCECE&C Ltd. will be the controlling and employing authority for its early learning settings and acknowledges and respects the parish and school communities in which the current and future settings are located and supported.
The Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Unit will be situated within Catholic Education Sandhurst and be led by an Assistant to the Executive Director: ECE&C, a senior staff member who forms part of the Executive Leadership Team of CES Ltd.
The SCECE&C’s Vision and Interim Framework for Quality Provision of Early Childhood Education & Care aspires to ensure that each child is equipped with a passion for life, a love of learning and the courage and confidence to learn about self and others and their environment through the provision of a quality program particular to children from 0 – 5 years of age.
1. Create and develop the Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Unit within Catholic Education Sandhurst that provides high level advice and support to existing and future Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Centres as determined by SCECE& C Ltd.
2. Strategically lead the development of new Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care settings in collaboration with Principals and Parishes within the parameters determined through the Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Ltd.
3. Act as a nominated Persons with Management or Control who has the responsibility in conjunction with Board Directors of Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Ltd and Directors of Centres for managing the delivery of early childhood education and care service in Catholic Education Sandhurst.
4. Provide active leadership for Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Directors of Centres.
5. Develop an organisational structure and framework for the development of the Sandhurst Catholic Early Childhood Education & Care Unit.
6. Share in the leadership of Catholic Education Sandhurst through membership of the Executive Leadership Team (Directorate) and other relevant Groups and/or Committees.
7. Comply with Catholic Education Sandhurst Child Safety policies and procedures and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System, including requirements to report and eliminate hazards, follow instructions, and participate in training and consultation processes.
Knowledge , Skills and Experience
- An understanding of and willingness to work within the Catholic ethos
- An understanding of current trends within Educational practice, specifically Early Childhood Education
- Tertiary qualifications in Early Childhood Education or Education
- Demonstrated people management skills, including the ability to lead a team in an effective and engaged manner
- Proven educational leadership experience, preferably within Early Childhood settings
- Experience and competence in leadership within early childhood education
For further information, please contact Sharon Warren, Telephone (03) 5443 2377 or [email protected]
1 Download the application package Click here
2. Complete the application package
3. Provide your supporting documents
4. Send your completed application and any supporting documents to [email protected]