Coordinator of Pastoral Services
St John of God Burwood Hospital
- Job Number 10839
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Burwood Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a committed and competent Coordinator of Pastoral Services to join our compassionate and supportive Mission/Pastoral services team. We are looking for a strategic thinker who has vision to advance and grow our Pastoral Services team.
In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination to the team responsible for the provision of holistic pastoral services to patients and clients. You will also be required to provide Pastoral care to patients/clients/relatives as required.
This position is being offered on a permanent basis, working 60.8 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
· A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
· Formal tertiary level pastoral studies at a degree/postgraduate level.
· Demonstrated understanding of the provision of Pastoral care within a Catholic Health care environment.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Pastoral practitioner.
· Successful completion at a minimum 50 hours of supervised Pastoral qualification e.g. Pastoral immersion experience, Clinical Pastoral Education.
· Experience in leadership and management.
· Demonstrated ability to provide Pastoral support to patients and clients from a variety of faith, cultural and social backgrounds.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
· Experience in conducting education in the provision of Pastoral care.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain professional boundaries and contribute positively to a multi-disciplinary team.
· Flexibility with working hours including the ability and preparedness to undertake evening/weekend shift/on call duties as required.
· Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
· Parking Available
· Professional Development
Applications must be submitted online at www.sjog.org.au/careers, under eRecruit Job Number 10839.
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
For enquiries about this position, applicants should contact Deborah Morris, Director of Mission Integration, on (02) 9715 9215
Applications Close: 10th August 2021