Consultant – Formation
- Full Time Position (3 Year Contract)
- Position holds a substantive permanent teaching position in the Cairns Diocese
- 38 Hours Per Week
- Commencing: 11 January 2021
- Option for monthly RDO
- Salary sacrifice options including superannuation co-contribution
- Salary Range – $116,955 to $129,945 gross per annum
Purpose of the role
This position calls for a highly experienced educator with enthusiasm and commitment to work in a challenging and rewarding role, providing Catholic educational leadership for Identity and Outreach services through creation, collaboration and coordination of services to support the mission of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Cairns.
In this role the Consultant will assume special responsibility in the key area of staff formation and development in the Catholic Tradition in the Diocese as they relate to the SIP (System Improvement Priorities) and the SAIP (School Annual Improvement Plan). Primarily, the role will entail working closely with the Director Identity and Outreach and Leader Formation in developing a comprehensive professional learning program to enhance the religious literacy of teachers and ensure quality educational outcomes in schools in the Diocese of Cairns. A key focus for this role is coaching and support to build capacity at service and school level.
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education.
Highly developed understanding and experience in and personal commitment to spiritual formation and Catholic Education.
- Senior leadership experience (APRE/Director of Mission/AP or Principal) and current experience and demonstrated effectiveness in Religious Education teaching in Catholic Education – preferred.
- A Master’s degree, working towards or willingness to commence with subjects completed in Religious Education, Theology, Scripture or related discipline.
- An ability to build positive relationships within professional learning networks that effect improvement in learning.
- A demonstrated knowledge and commitment to integrating contemporary learning principles within P-12 Religious Education Curriculum.
- Ability to work across a range of educational contexts.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the school community.
- Current Queensland College of Teachers Registration or have the ability to obtain such.
- A current motor vehicle driver’s license and be able to travel within and beyond the diocese.
- A demonstrated commitment to maintaining child safety at all times.
How to Apply
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website
Applications Close 5pm, Saturday 3 October 2020
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child-safe organisation.