Case Worker Wanted for Residential Rehabilitation Centre
Case worker required for an exciting new role to help in the development of a Therapeutic Community for women located in Galong NSW. The role will initially involve approximately four hours face to face case management per week and day to day participation in the Therapeutic Community.
- Contract rate: Negotiable subject to qualifications and experience – contract role. (Approximately $31.60 per hour)
- Hours: We require a case worker to provide the following services in whole or in part. Some flexibility in hours worked is possible. Approximately 2 days per week, and one overnight stay plus one on one case management sessions (commencing at one per week per client).
- Location: Galong is a small village in the Hilltops region of NSW.
The Farm in Galong
As an affiliate member of The Australasian Therapeutic Community Association we are a residential facility for women who have exited rehabilitation centres and wish to consolidate their recovery. As a fully funded not for profit charity we are seeking a case worker to provide professional services.
A case worker with experience working with women in the areas of trauma, addiction and mood disorders is required. You will be required to assist women in difficult circumstances to achieve their goals. The women will be from a range of backgrounds and will have completed rehabilitation and now seek to further their recovery through the program based on the Therapeutic Community model of treatment at The Farm in Galong.
The role would suit members of the following professions:
AOD counsellor; certified practising case manager; credentialed mental health nurse; nurse practitioner with AOD experience; psychologist or social worker.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the start-up of this new venture supporting women to positively change their lives.
- Start date: September 2020
- Term: Minimum 3-6 months with possibility to extend
- Full membership of an appropriate professional association;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated sound clinical skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Well- developed interpersonal skills;
- An awareness and appreciation of the relevant principles and practices such as EEO, WH&S, Confidentiality and Duty of Care;
- Knowledge of the various agencies the women need to access such as CYPS, DCJ, Legal Aid, Centrelink and Housing
- Proficiency in computer programs and data entry for maintaining client records;
- Current Working with Children Check & Police Clearance;
- Current driver’s license.
- Interest in working in an emerging new venture.
- Interest in helping vulnerable women achieve their goals
- Knowledge of the Therapeutic Communities method of addiction treatment.
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume.
- Address each area of the selection criteria in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Please send your applications to: Kate Cleary CEO
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0404 112 428
Closing date: 24th July 2020
For more information about the Farm please visit www.thefarmingalong.com.au