Immaculate Heart College
Term: This is a 6-month temporary position (Semester 1, 2021) with the opportunity to be ongoing, dependent on the outcome of a successful appraisal
Immaculate Heart College is seeking a practising Catholic who is a motivated, professional and passionate applicant to join the Administration Leadership Team as a Deputy Principal. The successful candidate must have a strong desire to improve the learning outcomes for all students by increasing student engagement and teacher effectiveness.
In collaboration with the Principal and other members of the administrative team, the Deputy Principal will:
- provide educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, especially its spirituality and encourage staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals
- assist the Principal to facilitate workforce effectiveness in leading and motivating staff in planning, directed at improving outcomes for students and the level of service delivered by the College
- use professional knowledge and understanding to promote teaching and learning within the College community, fostering development of a responsive and inclusive college-based curriculum
- provide strategic direction for staff, and model and promote a culture of improvement of professional performance, knowledge of the faith and providing coaching and mentoring where appropriate.
- plays a significant role in the daily management of staff and student wellbeing and may have responsibility for management, or shared management, of timetabling
- be prepared to cover teaching staff when relief is required in High School classes
- be a positive role model in the practices and beliefs of the Catholic faith.
Applicants should ensure that their application includes a short covering letter outlining their suitability for the role.
- At least seven years teaching experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong organisational and written communication skills.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable and to work in a team-focussed environment.
- Skills in supporting and coaching staff as an instructional leader both academically and spiritually.
- Possess a high level of initiative and innovation.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic individual, who leads by example.
- A mindset focussed on professional growth and personal development.
- Have proven secondary teaching experience.
The following criteria would also be looked upon favourably:
- Have experience leading the school in liturgical celebrations and guiding staff in the implementation of Religious Education programs.
The following selection criteria are identified as being required to achieve the outcomes in the context of this position. Applicants will need to provide evidence of their capacity to transfer their knowledge and skills to achieving the outcomes of this position.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
- Attach four referees plus one from your Parish Priest.
Applicants must have a current registration as a teacher with the Teacher Registration Board of WA (TRBWA) and a current Working with Children Check.
All applications and enquiries
Contact Person: Meika Gough
Ph: (08) 9571 8135 / 0413 844 542
Email: [email protected]
Close Date: 21st January 2021