Diocesan Financial Administrator
Catholic Diocese of Broome
The Catholic Diocese of Broome, under the leadership of Bishop Christopher Saunders, exists to serve the people of God in the Kimberley and surrounding regions in the north west of Australia. Home to more than 10,000 Catholics, and covering an area of over 773,000 square kilometres, the Diocese is home to some of Australia’s oldest indigenous communities and picturesque landscapes. The Diocese comprises 10 Parishes, 13 Primary Schools and 2 Centacare Offices.
Reporting to the Bishop of the Diocese, the Diocesan Financial Administrator (DFA) is accountable for the sound financial and administrative management of the temporal affairs of the Diocese as required by Canon Law and in accordance with the plans of the Bishop and the Diocesan Finance Committee. Very much a hands-on role, the DFA is responsible for providing leadership, strategic planning and advice for the Diocese in matters of finance, investments, property, audit and risk, human resources and ICT.
The DFA is a leader who promotes a positive organisational culture that supports the mission of the Church. The DFA is a trusted advisor to the Bishop and to diocesan leaders on matters of significance to the whole Diocese, and in serving the broader work of evangelisation under the authority of the Bishop. The DFA leads and coordinates the Chancery Office services which relate to providing administrative and support to parishes and clergy. A preparedness to travel (sometimes long distances) to support parishes and their ministries will be required in this role.
An attractive remuneration package, including base salary, superannuation, accommodation and a fully maintained motor vehicle is being offered for this key leadership role. This is a full-time role and based in Broome. Reasonable relocation expenses will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Diocesan Financial Administrator will ideally possess the following qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- A strong and personal commitment to the Catholic faith and to the mission of the Catholic Church
- Management experience within a corporate services environment overseeing and delivering best-practice outcomes in strategic planning, financial management, general administration, human resources, communications, investments and/or property services
- Ability to provide strategic financial and commercial advice and support
- A comprehensive understanding of corporate governance, compliance, risk and the legal and regulatory environment governing commercial and not-for-profit organisations
- Ability to sustain effective, positive and influential relationships across a broad range of stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting or other qualifications relevant to this role
- A good understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities
For a confidential discussion about this position and to obtain a copy of the Information Pack please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]
Applications close 2 February 2020.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.