Director of Communications – Sydney
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, the North Shore and the Central Coast. We are seeking an experienced Director of Communications to provide strategic leadership of the Diocesan Office for Communications. The role provides advice to the Bishop and manages Diocesan public relations, stakeholders, issues & media, creative vision & branding and corporate image
As the successful candidate you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or significant relevant experience;
- Minimum of seven years’ experience with progressive responsibilities in public relations, journalism, marketing, business and public administration;
- A thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its teachings and its key internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to act as the primary contract and Diocesan spokesperson for media enquiries;
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet, manage issues, draft and review media and other sensitive communications;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain the media, communications, issues management, branding and digital evangelisation functions of the Diocese;
- Thorough understanding and significant experience in techniques for disseminating information and interacting with internal and external stakeholders, including social media techniques;
- Ability to support, motivate and operationally direct the Office for Communications team as well as work collaboratively with other senior leaders within the Diocese to achieve an integrated approach to communications;
- Ability to work collaboratively and consultatively across a wide spectrum of stakeholders including clergy;
- Extremely high level of personal trust and confidence;
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online or via [email protected] and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close COB on Monday, 25 March 2019.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including a Working With Children Check (WWCC) and National Police History Check (NPHC).