Faith Formation Team Leader
Catholic Parish of St Agatha’s, Pennant Hills
- Support the Parish to grow faith through conversion, community & mission;
- Would suit SRE or Religious Education background;
- Full time role, attractive salary package, work/life balance;
The Catholic Parish of St Agatha’s is a Parish of the Diocese of Broken Bay located in Pennant Hills, Sydney. Under the direction of the Parish Priest, the role of the Faith Formation Team Leader, is to:
- Provide leadership, management, coordination, advice and support to team members and volunteers to deliver faith formation programs and spiritual development opportunities;
- Develop, in the Parish Team and Parishioners, an understanding of the inter-relationship between Faith Formation and aspects of parish life such as liturgy, ministry, prayer and service to people in need.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate, in their application for this role, that they meet the following selection criteria:
- A demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, inspire, and work cooperatively and effectively with others;
- A strong commitment to the Catholic Faith and an ability to connect with other people, no matter where they are on their faith journey;
- Familiarity with writings in parish life, Fr James Mallon’s Divine Renovation and Sherry Weddell’s Forming Intentional Disciples;
- An ability to translate strategic plans into action and resource the parish to sustainably realise the plans and actions;
- An ability to develop and maintain the parish’s functions to support its mission;
- Knowledge of and competence in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, and preferably databases for promotion; and
- A current Working With Children Check clearance (WWCC).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply by sending your application to [email protected] and include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close 4pm, Monday, 2 March 2020.
Please note that applications will not be considered unless both documents are provided. The successful applicant will also be required to undergoing pre-employment screening including WWCC verification.