Acting Assistant Principal – Religious Education
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
This career opportunity is open to committed Catholic school teachers and school leaders who have experience teaching Religion. The successful candidate will be an innovative, resilient, creative and hardworking teacher who is focused on developing the capacity of each student and each staff member. As the Assistant Principal Religious Education, you will lead, guide and influence the school faith community and be responsible for the leadership and management of quality Catholic schooling.
This position will commence with our school from 25th of May 2020 until the end of Term 2 2021.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Promotes the Catholic vision in the school’s goals, policies, programs and structures
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Catholic faith
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach able to respond clearly and able to provide and receive constructive feedback
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $115,910 – $121,610 (depending on experience)
- ITAS Allowance, IPRASS Incentives and Subsidised Accommodation
- Relocation Assistance
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Support for you in a rural community
- Additional pay remuneration for teaching at remote schools
- IPRASS and ITAS Incentives
- Extra Travel Days and extra Emergent Leave
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Housing assistance and rental cost assistance
- Dedicated support teams at each school to assist new teachers
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Flexible working conditions
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to advance career
Interviews will be held in the beginning of April 2020 in Week 1/2 of Term 2.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Louise Vella-Cox on 07 4773 0900
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services [email protected]
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
To find out more about the position:
Applications close: 4pm Saturday April 4, 2020