Pastoral Associate – Bunbury, WA
- Internal / External
- Reference Number: 24564
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
Our organisation is part of the Mission of the Catholic Church and every aspect of our care is based on the Christian values of Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence. It is these values that guide our holistic approach to caregiving, with respect for the dignity and worth of each person.
With over 120 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Bunbury Hospital has a rare and exciting opportunity for a motivated Pastoral Associate, who is committed in developing a career in pastoral ministry within our Pastoral Services team.
This role will be offered on a 3 month Fixed Term Part Time basis of 0.4 FTE or 0.8 FTE, working either 15.2 hours or 30.4 hours per fortnight. We encourage applicants who are seeking either of these hours to apply.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Successful completion of a vocational certificate IV or above.
- Commitment to undertaking tertiary level pastoral studies at Diploma level.
- Completion or commitment to undertaking a minimum of 50 hours of supervised training in pastoral ministry.
- Demonstrated understanding of the provision of Pastoral care within a Catholic Health Care environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional boundaries and contribute positively to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Salary Packaging
- Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) *
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
For enquiries about this position, applicants should contact Marisa Wessels, Coordinator Pastoral Services on (08) 9722 1647
To apply for this position please visit https://www.sjog.org.au/working-with-us/job-search
Applications close 5pm 26th August 2019