Assistant Principal – Identity and Mission
St Margaret Mary’s College is a Townsville Girls Catholic High School, founded as in 1963 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The College accepts enrolments from girls Years 7 to 12, and offers a wide variety of subjects and vocational programs. The College is also noted for its many extracurricular activities, its commitment to students with special needs and its variety of service opportunities for students.
What we are looking for
This career opportunity is open to committed Catholic school teachers and school leaders who have experience teaching Religion. The successful candidate will be an innovative, resilient, creative and hardworking teacher who is focused on developing the capacity of each student and each staff member. As the Assistant Principal – Identity and Mission, you will lead, guide and influence the school faith community and be responsible for the leadership and management of quality Catholic schooling.
This position will commence with our school in Term 1 of 2021 for a 5 Year Contract.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Promotes the Catholic vision in the school’s goals, policies, programs and structures
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Catholic faith
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach able to respond clearly and able to provide and receive constructive feedback
What we offer
Competitive salary range: $115,910- $121,610
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution(in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- Up to 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
Applications close: 4pm Friday 24th June 2020.
For a confidential conversation please contact Louise Vella-Cox on 07 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services [email protected]
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.