- Reference No : 7861
- (Years K-6, Current enrolment 104)
- Commencement 29/1/19
The Assistant Principal is a key member of the leadership team of a Catholic school. The Assistant Principal exercises a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the leadership of the principal and may deputise in the absence of the Principal.
The Assistant Principal contributes to the collaborative decision-making processes and assists the Principal in the planning, implementation and evaluation of school goals and in the transformation of the school culture into a results-oriented professional learning community.
The Assistant Principal will provide an excellent role model for other teachers through supporting and monitoring the learning and growth of effective teachers; and setting high standards for students and staff performance.
All teachers will be expected to meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) required by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). These standards are reflected in this position description.
- Practising Catholic
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and the mission of the Church through Catholic schools
- The applicant has completed or will complete (within four years of appointment) a postgraduate qualification in Religious Education or Theological Studies
- The applicant should have a four-year trained teacher classification and at least six, preferably eight years, successful teaching experience
- A strong background in and command of a core content area in education with the ability to model and share current research and encourage evidence based practice
- Demonstrated success in creating and leading effective professional learning and building the capacity of teachers as leaders in learning
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and drive change and ensure a culture of continuous improvement
- A demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; to exercise sound judgement; and to support the Principal in leading the mission of the school
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to develop and sustain constructive and respectful relationships within and beyond the school community
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
- Capacity to strengthen and integrate equity and diversity, work health and safety and performance management principles in the ongoing management and development of staff
Postgraduate qualifications in Educational Leadership
Conditions of Employment
The position of Assistant Principal at this school will attract an allowance of $24,749 p.a.
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact Michelle Gilbert (firstname.lastname@example.org) +61 2 4979 1268
By email (preferred): email@example.com
Catholic Schools Office
PO Box 714
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your completed application and CV should address the criteria outlined above and should record your current NESA and Working With Children number.
Please download the application pack and additional school specific information. Applications should be emailed as one PDF attachment (Reference 7861) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on the closing date.
Applications Close Friday 17 August, 2018
Intending applicants are required to nominate three (3) referees:
• The Parish Priest of their parish of worship and/or parish in which they teach
• Current Principal
• One other (which may include School Consultant or Area Supervisor) Confidential Reports will be obtained from these people.
- Organisation Catholic School Office Maitland-Newcastle
- Location Denman, NSW