Assistant Director: Teaching and Learning
Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: January 2019 or earlier by negotiation
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is seeking a committed Catholic who believes passionately in our vision and purpose – providing quality Catholic learning and teaching to the children in our Archdiocesan schools.
We have a unique opportunity for an innovative and strategic Assistant Director: Teaching and Learning with proven ability and capacity to advance the Evangelising mission of Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education which maximizes learning outcomes for our students.
Reporting to the Director: Teaching and Learning this position will be responsible for leading the provision of effective K-12 education incorporating opportunities for Preschools to Pathways vision within the systemic schools of the Archdiocese. This role is carried out in the context of the Sydney Catholic Schools Strategic Improvement Plan, New Horizons 2018-2020, particularly in Key Areas 2 Learning and Teaching and 3 Student and Staff Wellbeing.
The Assistant Director: Teaching and Learning will be responsible for leading the Learning Growth team in the planning, development, maintenance and evaluation of a range of curriculum policies and priorities including the key functions of leadership in Teaching and Learning, performance monitoring, and continuous improvement.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- The ability to articulate a contemporary vision of teaching and learning within Sydney Catholic Schools, and promote and implement this vision
- The ability to lead and support the strategic direction of the Archdiocese and the Teaching and Learning Executive
- Understanding and ability to apply project management methodology
- Strategic planning and implementation skills
- The ability to lead a team of professionals and build capacities and communication through horizontal portfolios
- Well-developed negotiation and positive mediation skills
- The ability to support a culture of trust in future directions
- The ability to build effective relationships with Principals, T&L Portfolio Leads and the Director of Teaching and Learning
- Post-graduate qualifications in Education and / or Curriculum / Religious Education / Theology
- A demonstrated commitment to the vision and mission of Catholic education
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position in a Catholic school and/or at system level
- A sound understanding of and ability to articulate and lead contemporary educational trends
- Demonstrated achievement in strategic planning and implementation in schools
- Strong commitment to practice and life of the Catholic faith.
Interested applicants should contact Carmen De Oliveira (Team Leader: Recruitment) on (+61 2) 9568 8258 or via email [email protected] for a private and confidential conversation and to obtain a copy of the application package.
Closing Date: 11 November 2018
Note: Applications will need to include a reference from their Parish Priest in order to be considered for shortlisting.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
- Organisation Sydney Catholic Schools
- Location Leichhardt, Sydney NSW