Job No: VIN957
- Permanent, part-time 15.2 hours per week
- Work days / flexibility – negotiable
- Fun, committed team environment
What we do
Louise House is a community hub situated in Gorokan NSW that has been supporting the local community since 2003. We provide a welcoming and safe space where anyone can access a wide range of supports, community information and advice.
The primary objective of the Activities Officer is to provide Louise House service users and the local community with a variety of activities and educational opportunities.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- working closely with other team members in developing relevant activities
- recruiting and supervising volunteers who assist in facilitating the programs
- administrative tasks e.g. data collection and record keeping, etc. as directed by the Program Coordinator
Your skills in developing and facilitating groups & activities, as well as ability to interact with people in a professional and respectful way are important to this role.
This role will report to the Program Manager.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Qualifications and/or experience in developing and facilitating groups and activities
- Experience managing volunteers
- Excellent team work skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage time and deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of Work, Health and Safety legislation and principles
- Highly motivated
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Colin Schasser (Program Coordinator) email@example.com quoting job number and position title: Activities Officer (Louise House) / VIN957.
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the Position Description
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. APPLY HERE.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 13 June 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
- Organisation St Vincent de Paul Society NSW
- Salary SCHCADS Level 4, hourly rates start from $31.05 depending on qualifications
- Location Gorokan, NSW