- Job No:971053
- Campus Location:Strathfield
- Functional Unit:Centre for Liturgy
- Work Type:Continuing part-time (0.6) required for immediate start
Support the operations of the ACU Centre for Liturgy
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The ACU Centre for Liturgy seeks to promote, support and enhance the liturgical life of the Catholic Church in Australia and the region through tertiary education, scholarship and pastoral formation. Through collaborative partnerships across the University and beyond, the ACU Centre for Liturgy provides high-quality academic programs and research in liturgical studies and sacramental theology. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their capacity for interpersonal understanding with confidence to promote the growing Centre.
- organise and manage events for the Centre, such as workshops and formation days
- provide executive support to the Director and Assistant Director of the Centre
- monitor and maintain the budget for special projects and other Centre expenses
- draft a range of strategic documentation for external audiences
You will need to demonstrate:
- completion of a relevant degree with experience, or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- knowledge of church agencies, organisations and related terminology
- excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate projects and events effectively
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Administrative Officer (HEW 6) PD (1). Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $87,006 – $93,497 (pro rata), including salary component $73,521 – $79,006 pa (pro rata) (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 29 January 2017
Australian Catholic University
Total remuneration valued at $87,006-$93,497 (pro-rata)
Strathfield, Sydney, NSW
61 + 2 9739 2380