We have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and experienced Catholic educator to join the Leadership team as the:
Assistant Director, Mission and Religious Education
- Catholic Education Office, Forbes in the Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes
- Contract Position, Full time
- Commencement Date: 28 January 2019
Reporting to the Director of Catholic Education, the Assistant Director, Mission and Religious Education is responsible for leading and directing schools and the wider diocesan community in the implementation and effective delivery of Religious Education and Catholic faith formation programs. In this role you will work in partnership with Bishop Columba, parish priests, the Mission and Religious Education team, school and system leaders and other diocesan agencies to ensure the mission and values of the Catholic Church are understood and embedded in the work we do.
The successful applicant will:
- demonstrate a commitment to, knowledge and deep understanding of the principles of Catholic teaching and tradition;
- develop and nurture a range of strategies and processes to promote faith formation, Religious Education and the teachings of the Church;
- build the capacity of teachers, Religious Education Coordinators and school leaders to provide contemporary learning that infuses the religious dimension across the curriculum; and
- lead the Mission and Religious Education team in the development, implementation and evaluation of faith formation opportunities for staff.
If you believe that you may be called to this leadership role and are passionate about nurturing and developing a faith community that brings the Gospel and teachings of the Catholic Church to staff, students and the wider diocesan community, we would like to hear from you.
An application package detailing the selection criteria and key responsibilities for the position can be obtained from https://www.wf.catholic.edu.au/employment
For further information contact Anthony Gordon on +61 2 6853 9300
Applications should be emailed to:
Applications close Monday, 15 October 2018
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
Catholic Education Office, Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
- Organisation Catholic Education Office, Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes
- Salary Leave in lieu is available (8 days plus an additional day for every 5 nights away) as there is a requirement to travel and stay away from home.
- Location Catholic Education Office, Forbes NSW 2871
- Contact person Anthony Gordon +61 2 6853 9300