Chief Executive Officer – Centacare Southwest NSW
Centacare Southwest NSW is proudly a social service agency of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Wagga Wagga.
Their Chief Executive Officer position has recently become vacant and they are seeking an experienced and motivated professional to take up this role.
The initial appointment will be for a term of 18 months, with the possibility of extension.
About the Role
The primary purpose for this role is to manage and oversee the operations of Centacare. The successful applicant will report to the Bishop of Wagga Wagga and the Centacare Board.
The position is a high level strategic role with a strong focus on ensuring high quality operational management across all program areas.
This role is suited to someone with exceptional organisational skills, has developed and implemented strategic outcomes, has prior social service executive experience, proven business acumen, and has worked across multi-disciplinary units and teams.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- A strong personal commitment to the teachings and practice of the Catholic Faith supported by a demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences or other qualifications relevant to this role such as Management or a related discipline.
- Post graduate qualifications in relevant fields would be highly regarded
- The capacity to work collaboratively in the ministry of Catholic Social Services
- A comprehensive knowledge of all relevant statutory/legislative requirements, and its impact on Catholic Social Services and an ability to meet those and other governance requirements
- A comprehensive knowledge of all areas of service delivery in the care sector
- A working knowledge of the NDIS
- A proven record of effective networking and building positive stakeholder relationships
- An ability to translate strategic plans into action process, and resourcing the organisation to sustainably realise these plans and actions
- An ability to develop an organisation’s culture through example, the development of policies, protocols, and controls, and utilising feedback
- An ability to develop and maintain an organisation’s framework – business, financial, communications, risk management, support, policies and practices – to meet the organisation vision, mission, and values goals
- Demonstrated influencing and management skills at all levels within an organisation, and with clients, partners, religious organisations, NFP organisations, funders, and governments including managerial acumen and propensity to address performance deficiencies
- An ability to identify problems and determine solution focused attention on those problems
Please forward a covering letter and your resume to email@example.com
All enquiries about this position can be directed to Paul Smyth – (02) 6931 3081
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia and may be required to provide a Working with Children Check and a suitable Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close: COB Monday 30 April 2018.
- Organisation Centacare Southwest NSW
- Salary On request
- Location Wagga Wagga NSW
- Contact person Paul Smyth +61 2 6931 3081