- Student Services Office
- Sydney Campus
- (Level 7, Part-Time, 0.5 FTE, Continuing)
An excellent opportunity is available for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Psychologist to work on the Sydney Campus. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience with individual and crisis counselling. It is essential that applicants have the ability to work independently and as part of a supportive team within the ethos and values of the University of Notre Dame Australia.
The role will suit candidates who enjoy working in a dynamic, hands-on environment, with a strong commitment to providing excellent pastoral care to students. Experience working in the secondary or tertiary education sector will be highly regarded.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Providing a confidential, evidence-based counselling service for students.
2. Ensuring the accessibility of counselling services for all students, referring them to appropriate agencies, as required.
3. Responding to critical incidents that occur within the University.
4. Liaising closely with the Student Services Office, Campus Ministry and Academic Enabling and Support Centre, and assisting with pastoral care, mediation, learning support, equity issues and career services, as required.
5. Contributing to the periodic reporting of services.
6. Providing support for campus wide mental health initiatives.
7. Working with the Executive Director, Business Operations to provide Campus and university-wide staff professional development, as required.
8. Assisting with the development of University-based policies in the areas of student support, grievance procedures and crisis response plans; and
9. Other duties as directed by the Manager, Student Services or Executive Director, Student Recruitment and Services.
To be considered for this role, applications should address the selection criteria as listed in the position job pack.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. DOWNLOAD OUR APPLICATION PACK FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
The application pack for this position is available at:
Applications close 4:00pm, Monday 6 August 2018
The University reserves the right to appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all.
- Organisation The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Salary $94,157 per annum (pro-rata) (plus 12% Super and 17.5% Leave Loading)
- Location Sydney, NSW