Digital Communications Specialist
- Use your digi skills to make the world a better place
- Rare opportunity to work in international aid and development
- Full-time, permanent role based in Sydney
- This is an ongoing role with an immediate start.
We are currently seeking a digi comms guru, experienced in telling stories of hope to donors and supporters.
In this exciting role you will:
- Produce, edit and distribute content which engages and inspires people to be involved in Caritas Australia’s work
- Maintain Caritas Australia’s social media channels
- Collaborate with key staff across the agency including Community Engagement and International Programs teams to develop and maintain effective digital content
- Contribute to the agency’s digital strategy by using experimentation, testing and
reporting to continually improve online experiences
- Enforce quality/brand control standards, as well as message consistency with Caritas Australia’s communications strategy
As a digital whiz, you will have:
- Competency in online editing, especially to condense complex issues into easy to read and appealing copy
- Knowledge of content management systems and email marketing
- Experience using social media channels in a professional setting
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and an understanding of aid and
- A good understanding of web content accessibility standards, privacy laws and
Australian Copyright laws
- A demonstrated background in applying beliefs and values consistent with Caritas Australia’s Mission and Catholic Social Teachings
How to Apply for this Role
To apply for this role, please view the full Position Description. Please send your application to [email protected] by COB Monday 8 October 2018 with a subject line which indicates the role title and platform you found this on (e.g. Digital Communications Specialist via Catholic Jobs Online).
Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a Cover Letter, your
CV, and responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
For further information please contact Brendan Joyce on +61 2 8306 3463.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.
- Organisation Caritas Australia
- Location Alexandria, NSW
- Contact person Brendan Joyce +61 2 8306 3463