Director Mission Integration
Exciting opportunity to drive mission, values and culture in an organisation undergoing growth and development.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic individual to join the Mercy Community Executive team as the Director Mission Integration.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer this role will play a pivotal leadership role in supporting Mercy Community to be a mission and values-based organisation reflecting the Mission of Mercy Community.
This role will work in close collaboration with the People and Culture, Marketing and Transformation Services teams to develop and embed the culture and strategies to ensure the mission and values of Mercy Community are understood and underpin the work we do and to be the best we can be.
As the Director Mission Integration, you will be responsible for the achievement of integration and expression of the Mission of the Catholic Church in the culture of Mercy Community and the service we provide to our clients
Your key responsibilities will be:
– Provide advice to the Chief Executive Officer and executives to ensure the mission and values of Mercy Community and the Catholic Church are understood and embedded in the work we do
– Develop and implement a framework for supporting healthy relationships between Mercy Community and the Catholic Church
– Contribute to the induction and leadership development of staff regarding Mercy Community mission and understanding of Catholic teachings
– Foster and guide a cultural environment within which Mercy Community addresses the needs of the poor and disadvantaged, respects human dignity, provides equality of opportunity, protects human rights and promotes human development
– Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate appropriate pastoral care and chaplaincy services, in consultation with service stream Executives, for Mercy Community consumers. This will include the provision for liturgical and sacramental life in the tradition of the Catholic Church
– Guide the effective and efficient operation of the Former Residents Programs (St Vincent’s Home, Nudgee)
– Develop Mercy Community social justice strategies and associated programs
– Relevant tertiary qualification in theology and /or spirituality and/ or Religious Education
– Demonstrated commitment to, knowledge and understanding of the principles of Catholic teaching and tradition
– Demonstrated experience in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of pastoral care initiatives preferably across a large and diverse organisation
– Proven leadership capacity at senior levels in areas such as, stakeholder management, staff education and leadership development, team leadership and team work
– Experience working in a large and diverse organisation and preferably with experience in non-for-profit community services but not essential
– Experience in policy development, including Social Justice will be beneficial
– Demonstrated high level of counselling and advocacy skills
– Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
We’ll Offer You….
- An attractive salary package
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via emailing MCSHR.Mailbox@mercynet.net quoting job number MCS738.
Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter addressing the key responsibility areas.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
- Organisation Mercy Community
- Salary Competitive Salary
- Location Brisbane, QLD
- Contact person Human Resources