Education Officer – Behaviour Support
- Reference No : 7853
- Commencement 29/1/2019
The Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and highly motivated personnel for the position of Education Officer -Behaviour Support (1.0 FTE)
As a member of the Student Support Unit within Teaching and Learning Services, the Education Officer – Behaviour Support will assist primary and secondary schools in building their capacity to implement frameworks, programs and practices to support students with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
The applicant has:
- a sound understanding of, and commitment to Catholic Education
- post graduate special education qualifications or psychology qualifications (with experience working in schools)
- significant knowledge and experience in supporting individual students with behavioural, emotional, and mental health difficulties in schools (K-12)
- the ability to support a school-wide approach in responding to students with complex needs and challenging behaviour through the implementation of whole
- school frameworks such as Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and KidsMatter
a working knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act and the Disability
- Standards for Education and their implications in the school setting
the ability to support schools in the selection and implementation of SEL programs (K-12)
- the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver professional development for school staff and parents
- excellent organisational, communication and information technology skills
- understanding and experience in case management
- driver’s licence and own vehicle
- current Working With Children number must be recorded on application
Applications Close Friday 27 July, 2018
Instructions Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact: Michelle Gilbert (Michelle.email@example.com) +61 2 4979 1268
By email (preferred):
Catholic Schools Office
PO Box 714
Closing Date: Friday 27 July, 2018
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
Applications together with current Curriculum Vitae to be emailed as one pdf document (Ref 7853) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4PM Friday 27 July 2018.
Applications should address each of the position requirements as listed for this position and provide names and contact details of three referees, one being the applicant’s immediate supervisor.
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office - Maitland-Newcastle
- Salary Conditions and salary commensurate with the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle Catholic Schools Office Employees Enterprise Agreement 2017 - Education and Professional Officers salary scale 3.3.
- Location Newcastle West, NSW