Executive Assistant to Congregational Leadership
- North Sydney location
- Professional & challenging environment
- Legal administrative focus
- $85 – $90,000 p.a. + super
About the organisation:
Affectionately known as the Josephites or the ‘Joeys’, the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart, a Catholic religious congregation, live in communities ministering throughout Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Peru, East Timor, Scotland and Brazil.
The Congregational Leadership Team comprising the Congregational Leader and four Councillors is based in the Congregational Administration Centre, North Sydney.
About the role:
The Congregational Leadership Team (CLT) is supported by two Executive Assistants who have distinct roles but also work collaboratively to ensure seamless, high-level administrative support to the leadership team within a consistently fast-paced head office environment.
The person in this challenging role will be specifically supporting the Secretary General and the Congregational Leader.
This exciting and challenging professional EA opportunity is offered as a full-time permanent employment status working 8.30 – 4.30 Monday to Friday. The salary will be in line with the senior level of experience and high-end skills sought at $85 – $90,000 p.a. plus super.
The tasks and duties involved:
- Assisting the General Secretary with the preparation of legal documents in relation to property contracts, leases and memorandums
- Project administration developing timelines ensuring continual monitoring, assessing and updating
- Liaise with Lawyer’s offices in relation to legal matters as directed by the Secretary General
- Liaise with Church officials as directed by the Congregational Leader and Secretary General
- Specialised filing both hard and soft copy, and management of electronic files
- Meeting preparation – agendas and minute taking (live agenda and verbatim action points)
- High-level diary, email and correspondence management, including letter composing, for both the Congregational Leader and Secretary General
- Congregational Assembly administrative coordination involving considerable collation of documentation and development of correspondence globally
- Setup of teleconferencing and skype meetings
- PowerPoint presentations for the Congregational Leader
- Preparation of documents for both internal and external meetings for the Congregational Leader
- Maintain Congregational Leader’s office in an orderly fashion
Skills, experience and qualities needed:
- A desire to work within a religious organisation and preparedness to uphold the Mission of the Catholic Church
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take the initiative and follow through with actions
- Friendly, professional communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Previous experience providing support at senior executive level
- Legal administrative support experience will be highly regarded
- Strong computer literacy including formatting of documents (Word – advanced), developing presentations (PowerPoint – intermediate), managing shared calendars (Outlook – advanced) and working with various lists and spreadsheets (Excel – intermediate)
- Minute taking, agenda preparation and action points follow up experience
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and demands with a high level of accuracy
- Capacity to deal with the unexpected amongst competing priorities
- A professional yet warm environment where caring for others is of paramount importance
- Be a valued member of a small team in an extensive global network
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment involved in meaningful work
Your next step:
If this opportunity excites your career instincts and you possess the above skills and experience, please apply ensuring you include a cover letter responding to the criteria along with an up-to-date CV.
All applications must be made through McCormack Employment Services website as follows;
From our end:
As the Sisters of St Joseph (Head Office) have engaged McCormack Employment Services to manage this recruitment process, all applications will be automatically directed to the agency.
For further information, you are welcome to contact Cheryl McCormack on +61 2 89200218.
- Organisation Sisters of St Joseph, Head Office
- Salary $85 - 90,000 p.a. plus Super
- Location North Sydney
- Contact person Cheryl McCormack