Executive Officer – Dominican Education Australia Ltd
Dominican Education Australia (DEA) is a new entity established by the Catholic Church that has oversight of the seven Dominican educational entities located in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. DEA has taken leadership of the governance of these Educational Ministries which were previously the responsibility of the three Dominican Congregations. The Board of Trustees of DEA, in collaboration with each of the incorporated entity Boards, strives to ensure the school’s catholicity, fidelity to the Dominican charism, formation of Board members, excellence in teaching and learning and financial stability.
Reporting to the DEA Ltd Board through the Board Chair, the newly created role of Executive Officer (EO) will be responsible for the delivery of professional services in support of mission-focussed governance and leadership of schools within the DEA network. The EO will manage strategic external relationships with key stakeholders, and coordinate collaborative school networks across the Dominican educational entities. The EO will develop and implement sound policies and processes that ensure DEA flourishes as a Catholic education ministry, grounded in Gospel values and the Dominican charism. The EO will also support effective strategic planning, compliance and Board reporting requirements, and the management of administrative and compliance matters for DEA.
This role is a permanent full-time position. Consideration will be given to suitable candidates who are seeking a part time arrangement (minimum 3 days per week) with progression to full time at a date to be determined. Based initially in Strathfield, Sydney, DEA is currently sourcing a new premises, and it is likely the successful candidate will assist in the search and/or transition from its current temporary office.
The Executive Officer will ideally possess the following experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Substantial mission-focused governance experience, including a thorough grasp of related civil and canon law principles
- A commitment to developing a deepening understanding of the Dominican story, its charism and traditions, and the Mission of DEA
- Business/financial administration experience or qualifications
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with all stakeholders, and to maintain a sensitive and respectful understanding of different organisational cultures and histories
- Recent, substantial experience in leadership or senior management in the Australian K-12 education context
- Superior emotional intelligence and relationship-building skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and for a copy of the Information Pack which contains details about how to make an application please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 28 July 2017.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Dominican Education Australia
0402 210 055