General Manager, Community Engagement
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the new position of General Manager, Community Engagement is responsible for leading the activities of CatholicCare Sydney in the following areas:
- Fundraising & in-kind contributing
- Integration within the Catholic community
- Volunteer recruitment & management
CatholicCare Sydney is the official social services agency of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Sydney. We are a leading not-for-profit agency providing care and support to people in Sydney across a wide range of social services: Children and families, relationships, ageing, disability, employment, mental health and youth programs.
It is a strategic priority to increase the awareness of CatholicCare and its services within the general and Catholic communities and to increase financial, volunteer and in-kind support received from the community.
We are looking for a General Manager who can:
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing and promotional strategies to increase our client base
- Enhance and deepen our relationships with the Catholic community, including Parishes and schools
- Lead the development of strategies to significantly increase fund-raising and the organisation’s levels of volunteer and in-kind support from the community
- Manage stakeholder relationships and engagement
- Work within a changing and challenging environment
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
The position offers a competitive salary, including access to salary packaging
(which may increase take-home pay).
Contact Nevine Piperides, A/Manager People & Culture on (02) 9307 8100 or 0437 035 284.
How to apply
Obtain an Applicant Info Kit (containing the detailed position description outlining the key accountabilities and selection criteria) by visiting www.catholiccare.org/work-us
After reviewing the selection criteria and the Applicant Info Kit, please email email@example.com the following:
- a brief letter addressing the selection criteria, describing how your skills, work experience, qualifications/training and personal attributes match each of the selection criteria; and
- a brief resume
(Applications that do not address the selection criteria or provide a resume may not be considered).
The selection process
CatholicCare may use a range of tools and techniques to assess the suitability and relative merit of applicants including, but not limited to the following:
- assessment activities
- referee reports
Applications close 4.00 pm, Wednesday 1 March 2017
CatholicCare requires the preferred applicant to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check prior to employment and may also require a Working with Children Check.
CatholicCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice for Women. People of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply; people living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Lewisham, Sydney, Australia
(02) 9307 8100 or 0437 035 284