Head International Programs
- Strategic Senior Leadership Role
- International Aid and Development Agency
- Drive Change and Innovation in supporting marginalized communities
- Sydney-based with regular travel within Australia and overseas
Caritas Australia is the Australian Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, our Mission is to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and development.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of International Programs is a member of the executive Leadership Team and is responsible for delivering Caritas Australia’s Humanitarian Response initiatives and development Programs in 24 countries including our First Australians programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership of the International Programs Team
- Stakeholder Liaison and Advocacy
- Risk Management and Mitigation for all field operations
Your Experience and Capabilities
Your experience in effectively leading a diverse international aid and development portfolio will be highly valued along with your:
- Proven record of success in managing people, programs and budgets
- Excellent analytical, planning and strategic change management skills
- Experience in leading the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programs and humanitarian initiatives
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications and in-country experience working in an international aid and development agency
- Demonstrated commitment to applying the principles of Catholic Social Teachings
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with faith based agencies
For further information contact Steve McNab on (02) 8306 3404. Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a CV and a Cover Letter which includes responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant Criminal Record Checks. Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
- Organisation Caritas Australia
- Location Sydney
- Contact person Steve McNab +61 2 8306 3404