In House Legal Counsel (Part–Time) Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay (which extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, the North Shore and up to the Central Coast) is seeking an In House Legal Counsel (IHLC) for three days per week.
Reporting to the Diocesan Financial Administrator, the IHLC will be responsible for:
- Providing a wide variety of legal advice including legislative compliance, commercial law, wills and estates matters, employment matters, child protection, insurance, contractual negotiation and drafting, tenders and property matters.
- Working collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders across the Diocese and ensuring the provision of trusted and timely legal counsel to requests for advice;
- Managing the engagement of external legal services providers as required;
- Managing the use of and maintaining a current suite of legal precedents, comprehensive legal records and files;
- Assisting in the monitoring of legal risk and compliance and providing legal compliance training to the Chancery and Parishes.
- As the successful candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- A proven ability to provide legal advice and manage legal risk in complex and diverse organisations;
- A comprehensive knowledge of legal compliance requirements and their impact on the management of the Diocese;
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment governing commercial and not for profit organisations;
- Flexibility with regard to varying assignments and willingness to develop new areas of expertise, including Church law, the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities.
- Previous experience managing complex litigation;
- A proven record in sound commercial influencing and managing change in organsiations.
If you are interested in applying for this position and wish to receive the relevant Information Pack: In House Legal Counsel, please contact the Mr Tony Davies, Chancery Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9847 0446. | m: 0439 930 926.
Applications close on Friday, 18 August 2017.
Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay
Pennant Hills, Sydney
+61 2 9847 0446 or 0439 930 926