Interfaith Relationship Coordinator (Job No : 972855)
Coordinate ACU’s flagship interfaith events
Strengthen relationships with Interfaith Leaders
- Campus Location:Melbourne or North Sydney
- Office of the Director of Government Policy and Strategy
- Continuing full time based in Melbourne or North Sydney
The Office of the Director of Government, Policy and Strategy is responsible for managing high level policy issues and government relations on behalf of the University. As part of these efforts, the Office of the Director of Government, Policy and Strategy works closely with University stakeholders and develops relationships with key external stakeholders.
As the Interfaith Relationship Coordinator you will:
- manage and facilitate the delivery of major high-profile interfaith events, including the annual Parliamentary Interfaith Breakfast
- represent ACU to leaders of other faith based communities
- promote intercultural understanding and strengthen faith community relations
- draft communication on interfaith issues and events.
In 2017, ACU’s Federal Parliamentary Interfaith Breakfast was held at the National Press Club in Canberra and was attended by around 220 guests, including the Prime Minister, Leader of the Opposition, Leader of the Australian Greens and the leaders of dozens of faith communities.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- degree qualifications or relevant experience in large scale project and event management
familiarity with the Australian political system and a capacity to deal proactively with political offices
- awareness and respect for protocols and religious and cultural sensitivities when dealing with various faiths and high profile community leaders
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them. The University offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Download File Interfaith Relationship Coordinator PD (25.9.17) Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. Please indicate your application whether you would prefer to be based in Melbourne or North Sydney. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
(Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Ashley Midalia, Director of Government, Policy and Strategy on 03 9230 8164.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 5 November at 11.55pm AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Australian Catholic University
Remuneration valued to $91,723- $99,271 pa, including salary component $83,765 - $90,658(Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Melbourne VIC or North Sydney NSW