Applications are invited for the following position to commence in April 2017:
Lasallian Youth Minister
- De La Salle College, Malvern, VIC
Lasallian Youth Ministers are employees of Lasallian Mission Services and are responsible for animating the faith life of their base school and the individual faith development of the young people they meet, in accordance with the Catholic tradition and in coordination with school staff. Their ministry is tailored to school culture and needs, with a focus on building relationships with students and providing a credible witness of faith. There are currently 17 Lasallian Youth Ministers who together form the Lasallian Youth Ministry Team, coordinated by the Young Lasallians staff at Lasallian Mission Services.
Core Capabilities of Successful Candidates Include:
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well to peers and youth.
- Demonstrated leadership attributes in engaging youth, peers and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General administrative skills, including attention to detail, time management and the capacity to see tasks through to completion.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic to intermediate multimedia skills.
- Current driver’s license
- Relevant police and Working With Children Checks (or similar, depending on state)
- High School Diploma
- Tertiary Education (completed or ongoing) Preferred, especially in areas such as Theology/Religious Studies and Education
Salary and Conditions:
School based Youth Ministers are contracted at a period of 12 months at salary based on an hourly rate of $20.83. This position is for 3-4 days per week during the school term, negotiable with the successful applicant. Additional hours are required to be worked during school holiday times, including professional development and support of regional and District-level Young Lasallians programs.
For a full role description and further details regarding the work of Young Lasallians within the District of ANZPPNG, please visit http://www.delasalle.org.au
To Apply, Please submit:
- Your resume, including three referees (one of whom must attest to your understanding of and commitment to the faith-life of the Catholic Church), and
- A cover letter which addresses the core capabilities of the position, to:
Assistant Director, Formation (Young Lasallians)
Lasallian Mission Services and De La Salle College, Malvern
salary based on an hourly rate of $20.83
Malvern, Melbourne, VIC
+ 61 2 9795 6459