Manager Africa Group
- Lead the Africa team at a mission-driven international aid and development organisation
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Full-time, Sydney-based role
As the Manager Africa Group your primary purpose is to drive performance in the group through strategic leadership, effective stakeholder engagement, people management, and proactive oversight of resources and risk.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development, implementation and analysis of Caritas Australia’s Africa strategy.
- Proactively representing Caritas Australia at key stakeholder, church and government fora and developing networks and alliances.
- Managing the development and tracking of the Africa Group budget.
- Building a culture of collaboration and coaching the Africa staff to develop their capabilities.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have significant experience in a managerial role preferably in the international aid and development sector
- Have excellent interpersonal/communication skills in cross-cultural environments and you enjoy writing reports
- Are availability to travel domestically and internationally
- Can apply beliefs and values consistent with Caritas Australia’s Mission, Vision and Code of Conduct and Catholic Social Teaching
How to Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please view the Position Description. Please send your application to [email protected] with a subject line which indicates the role title and channel through which you found the ad (e.g. Manager Africa Group via Catholic Jobs Online).
Applications must specify Australian residency or work visa status and include a CV, Cover
Letter and responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
For further information please contact Maria Prescilla tel: +61 408 405 349.
Applications by COB Wednesday January 2 , 2019
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes
and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Organisation Caritas Australia
- Location Sydney, NSW
- Contact person Frank Elvey, tel: +61 408 405 349.