Manager Communications, News & Media
Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney
- Strategic focus
- Media experience required
- CBD location
The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney nurtures the spiritual lives of hundreds of thousands of Catholics in the Archdiocese through its agencies, ministries and parishes and supports many more in the local community through health and aged care, education, welfare and community services.
The Communications and News Media team provide key support to the Archdiocese through strategic communications and media crisis advice by executing effective communications.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, News & Media, you will be their right-hand person, responsible for delivering a communications strategy, managing media issues and juggling various and competing priorities in a fast-paced and hardworking culture.
You will manage media enquiries, draft press releases and statements, at times oversee and support internal and external communications and monitor issues impacting the Archdiocese and, more broadly, the Catholic Church in Australia.
You will stay abreast of social media trends and tools as well as issues affecting the Church and be ready to rapidly respond to issues in a constructive and sensitive manner as they arise.
Your extensive communications and media experience, work ethic, demonstrated interest in issues affecting the Church as well as a good knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church will be key to this role.
Specifically, you will ideally possess the following qualifications, knowledge, experience and attributes:
- Substantial experience in a similar role
- Ability to leverage your crisis management skillset to proactively manage risk
- Proven track record in the development and implementation of communications strategies
- Demonstrated experience communicating and influencing at senior levels
- Extensive experience in use of multiple communication channels/platforms and sound written communications skills
- Relevant degree in Communications, Media or Journalism
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Nevine Piperides at REACH Human Resources on 0418 698 327.
Applications must include a brief Cover Letter (addressing how your qualifications, knowledge, experience and attributes align with the above Key Requirements) and Resume and be sent directly to Nevine at [email protected]
There is no formal closing date so interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Organisation Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney
- Location Sydney, NSW
- Contact person Nevine Piperides 0418 698 327