Parish Adviser, Parish Support and Development
The Parish Support and Development Team is a key channel through which the Archdiocese of Sydney support our parishes to grow and thrive, and to help them effectively manage their staff, finances, property and to assist Parishes in meeting their Archdiocesan and regulatory requirements.
The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced professional for the role of Parish Adviser, Parish Support and Development to provide first response to parish enquiries and assisting in guiding parish administration. In addition to the general functions of the role, there is an involvement in training. This role is a full time position and is based in the Polding Centre (Sydney CBD).
The role of the Parish Adviser is to:
- Build strong relationships with Parish Priests and parish support staff.
- Respond and assist with enquiries and provide accurate answers.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of parish administration.
- Proactively partner with parishes to offer assistance.
- Prepare concise and clear Parish communications.
- Develop and maintain content and resources for the Parish intranet.
- Ensure unresolved issues are escalated.
- Work as part of a team
- Assist in the annual training timetable, organising resources and education materials and aids
- Visit parishes to provide face-to-face support
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in administration and/or customer service
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to develop a reputation as a trusted and reliable advisor.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills with strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail, operating with discretion and confidentiality
- A personal commitment to the teachings, ethos and values of the Catholic Church;
- Sound working knowledge of MYOB, and PACS desirable
- Experience working or volunteering in a Catholic Parish is desirable.
A position description detailing further information about this role is available HERE
Applications for this role should include a covering letter outlining suitability for the role, addressing the above selection criteria and a resume.
Applications to be sent in confidence to:
Employment Services Manager
Level 5, 133 Liverpool Street, Sydney 2000
or to: email@example.com
Applications close: 12 October 2018
- Organisation Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney
- Location Polding Centre, CBD, Sydney, Australia
- Contact person Edward Duffy +61 2 9390 5842