St Francis Of Assisi Paddington & St Joseph Edgecliff
Two parishes in the Archdiocese of Sydney and under the care of the Franciscan Friars OFM.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide the accounting for the parish. This role covers two separate parishes St Francis of Assisi Paddington and St Joseph Edgecliff. The accounts of which are to be treated separately. The role is one, possible two, days per week.
The Parish Bookkeeper is accountable to the Parish Priest for the following:
- Maintenance and development of Parish accounting records through MYOB software, i.e. Cash Receipts, Cash Payments, General Ledger
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintaining the parish financial records using PACS
- Quarterly financial statements printed from MYOB
- GST implementation and compliance
- Reconciliation and payment of Group Tax (PAYG) and Superannuation contributions
- Maintenance of Payroll records including Group Certificates
- Liaising with the Finance Committee to ensure the production of the annual financial report
- Weekly banking collections
- Quarterly pastoral revenue returns
- Maintaining the Planned Giving, Charitable Works Fund and other special collections (eg Project Compassion and Catholic Mission) as directed by the archdiocese.
- Maintaining other occasional special collections.
- Familiarity with Online Banking procedures.
- Some receptionist duties including answering the phone and taking messages.
- Other duties as requested by the Parish Priest
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal Parish Bookkeeper will have:
- Experience in dealing with people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher (or similar software) and Outlook
- Experience with MYOB
- Experience with PACS (Parish Administration and Communication System.
For a complete job description or further information contact Fr Paul Ghanem OFM.
- Organisation St Joseph Parish, Edgecliff and St Francis of Assisi, Parish, Paddington
- Location Edgecliff and Paddington, Sydney, Australia
- Contact person Fr Paul Ghanem OFM +61 2 9331 4043