Parish Financial Services Project Manager, Diocese of Broken Bay
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, the North Shore and up to the Central Coast.
Reporting to the Diocesan Financial Services Manager, the Parish Financial Services Project Manager (PFSPM) is primarily responsible for:
- Assisting Parishes with Financial Analysis, Reporting and Compliance;
- Providing Support on Parish Projects including the implementation of financial and accounting processes for newly established parishes or chaplaincies, reviewing Parish needs regarding its accounting processes, accounting compliance and regulations together with accounting support associated with the construction and development of their sites and other property related projects;
- Delivering Accounting Services especially through managing, reporting and advising on cash flow managing banking, payroll, purchasing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, monthly balance sheet and bank reconciliations, managing creditors and debtors, as well as identifying the training needs of Parish bookkeepers;
- Responding to Audit Recommendations by collaborating with the Internal Auditor in assisting with audits of Parish offices and in guiding Parishes to undertake remedial actions in response to internal audit recommendations and findings;
- Undertaking Training of the Parish Priest, Parish Financial Committee and Parish staff in understanding and preparing financial reports and other documentation;
- Identifying the need for assistance and responding to requests for assistance from Parishes.
As the successful candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent working knowledge of MYOB and Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting systems and processes;
- A proven record in sound financial influence, managing change and sustaining effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders;
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting. Current membership of CPA Australian or the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand.
- Must have own vehicle, a NSW Driver’s Licence and be able to work across the 26 Parishes within the Diocese.
If you are interested in applying for this position and wish to receive the relevant Information Pack: Parish Financial Services Project Manager, please contact the Mr Tony Davies, Chancery Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9847 0446. | m: 0439 930 926.
Applications close on Friday 4 August 2017.
Diocese of Broken Bay
Pennant Hills, Sydney
+61 2 9847 0446 or 0439 930 926