Parish Office Coordinator
St Mary MacKillop Parish, Oran Park
Diocese of Wollongong NSW
The Parish Priest of St Mary MacKillop Parish Oran Park is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Parish Office Coordinator to provide administrative and secretarial support to this large and growing Catholic parish. This role is a part-time position (26 hours a week) and is based at the Parish Office which is located at Oran Park in the South West of Sydney.
The Parish Office Coordinator is accountable to the Parish Priest for the following duties, including:
- Oversee and undertaking routine, day-to-day administrative and receptionist tasks such as dealing with routine correspondence (incoming and outgoing letters, emails etc), answering phones/directing enquiries
- Coordination of the Parish Diary and overall administration in relation to Baptisms, Marriages, Funerals, and other sacramental programs, as well as liaising with parish groups and parish ministry leaders to ensure the smooth operation of the parish
- Maintain and update databases for family and sacramental data and Working With Children Checks and Ministry Engagement Forms; coordinate WWCC and Police Checks for volunteers, ensuring renewal system for all
- Maintenance of the parish website, Twitter and Facebook pages (experience in using Joomla a plus)
- Coordinate and oversee work of office volunteers
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep personal commitment to the practice of their faith and their own spiritual formation
- The ability to make decisions, take directions, and anticipate needs
- Effective time management skills by managing competing priorities and completing tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Prior experience as in a similar role (experience in a Catholic parish a plus)
- Honesty, reliability, punctuality and flexibility, as well as the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Professional manner and presentation, as well as excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computing skills, knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Google Chrome, database maintenance. and the ability to locate resources for fully utilising applicable computer software (experience in website maintenance and using Joomla a plus)
- High energy level with a strong results-oriented work ethic.
- A sense of humour
- Prior Not-for-Profit and/or Church Office experience a plus
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a Working With Children Clearance and Police Check to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Applications for this role should include a covering letter outlining suitability for the role, addressing the above selection criteria and a resume and the contact details of three referees (one must be a priest or pastor). Referees will only be contacted once an applicant is shortlisted.
A position description detailing further information about this role is available at www.marymackillopparish.org.au
Applications to be sent in confidence to:
Fr David Catterall PP, St Mary MacKillop Catholic Parish, PO BOX 889, Narellan NSW 2567
or to: [email protected]
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 26th October 2018
- Organisation St Mary MacKillop Catholic Parish, Oran Park
- Salary Award: Clerks – Private Sector Award 2010
- Location Oran Park , NSW
- Contact person Fr David Catterall, Parish Priest [email protected]