Parish Formation and Resource Co-ordinator
Catholic Youth Broken Bay
Office for Evangelisation
- Full Time
Reporting to the Team Leader, Catholic Youth Broken Bay (CYBB), the Parish Formation and Resource Coordinator’s primary purpose is to develop and facilitate faith formation, training, and resources for parish mission to youth. This is a full-time position.
The Parish Formation and Resource Coordinator will cultivate and support parish leadership and participation in youth discipleship, develop a repertoire of contemporary youth resources, strategies and programs, and accompany parishes of the Diocese in their engagement of these. Catholic Youth Broken Bay is a team within the Office for Evangelisation.
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and attributes:
- A personal commitment to the Catholic teachings, faith, ethos, values and mission of the Catholic Church;
- Experience working in close collaboration with parishes, agencies and religious orders and congregations of the Catholic Church or similar stakeholders;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in youth ministry, theology, pastoral care or equivalent experience;
- A thorough understanding of youth discipleship and evangelisation;
- Experience in developing youth formation programs;
- An ability to develop and facilitate workshops, retreats and other opportunities for faith and ministry formation in parishes, in areas including, but not limited to, discipleship, prayer, catechesis, community life, justice and service, youth leadership, worship and evangelisation;
- High level skills to support parish engagement with youth and young adults, in the development of local youth retreats, train parishes in youth engagement and strategies for youth evangelisation;
- An ability to develop intentional relationships with young people across the Diocese in parishes and schools by assisting in collaborative initiatives and through regular youth communications;
- An ability to build collaborative deanery and regionally-based youth communities and outreach including but not limited to youth hubs;
- High level research skills, to source, critically evaluate, and disseminate resources to support parish formation and youth discipleship;
- High level organisational skills to develop formative content from conceptualisation through to implementation including delivery, assessment, parish follow-up and reporting;
- A comprehensive knowledge of child protection and safeguarding requirements;
- High level skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite; Social Media and emerging technologies.
This appointment is subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW).
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close COB Monday 30 April 2018
- Organisation Catholic Youth Broken Bay
- Location Pennant Hills, Sydney
- Contact person Tony Davies +61 2 9847 0446