Primary Teacher – Year 5
- Reference No : 7784
- External Position
- Location TAREE St Joseph’s Primary School
- Temporary Part Time
- Maternity Leave and Job Share
- Hours/FTE 0.4 FTE
- Commencement 27/6/18
- Finishing Date 21/12/18
Part-time temporary teaching position at St. Joseph’s Primary School, Taree. This is a Maternity leave vacancy in a job share arrangement teaching Year 5.
- a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
ability to teach in the primary curriculum area K-6.
- high level knowledge of the relevant key learning area (K-6) and a proven capacity to improve student learning.
- high quality classroom teaching skills in the area of ES1 – 3 which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential.
- exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students.
- ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework.
- demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning.
- commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team.
- high level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers.
- be appropriately qualified as a four year trained primary teacher
- be a practising Catholic
- record current NESA and Working With Children number on application
- evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA. Teachers who have worked in a NSW school since before 1 October 2004, and have not had a break from teaching of more than 5 years, do not currently need to be accredited.
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact: Melissa Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org) +61 2 6557 7031
By email (preferred):
Melissa Hunt email@example.com
St Joseph’s Primary School
1 St Joseph’s Drive
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include contact details of your referees. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.
Applications Close Friday 25 May, 2018
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office - Maitland-Newcastle
- Salary Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
- Location Taree NSW