- Reference No: 7852
- Vacancy type: Contract
- Hours/FTE 16 Hours
- Commencement: 21/1/2019
- Salary is in accordance with NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Principal Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017
(Years K-6, Current enrolment 253) The Catholic school principal serves as faith leader and reflects Catholic discipleship, personal and professional integrity and a commitment to serving the needs of others. Catholic School Principals are required to be witnesses to Jesus Christ and to focus on living and sharing the Catholic faith with the intention of influencing and enriching the lives of students, staff and other members of the school community. Modelling faith in action, you will lead across the school community to develop and shape a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students while nurturing positive relationships between students, teachers and all other stakeholders. You will be responsible for: embedding socially just practices into daily school life; highlighting the relevance of faith to life and contemporary culture; supporting and monitoring the learning and growth of effective teachers; and setting high standards for students and staff performance.
The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) is responsible for the leadership, operation and management of systemic schools which educate more than 19,000 students in 45 Primary schools, 11 Secondary schools and one K–12 school in the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. The CSO employs more than 1500 teachers and around 550 support staff. Our main focus is providing support for schools to ensure each student receives a quality education and has the opportunity to grow academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally. We are looking to appoint transformational leaders with the ability to provide a visionary and forward thinking approach in maintaining the current legacy of exceptional education who will nurture the call to love and serve as people of faith. All teachers will be expected to meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) required by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). These standards are reflected in this position description.
- Practising Catholic
- The applicant will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category E – Accreditation for Senior Leadership.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and the mission of the Church through Catholic schools
- Postgraduate qualifications in Religious Education, Theological Studies, or a willingness to enrol upon appointment
- Postgraduate qualifications in Educational Leadership combined with a minimum of ten years teaching experience or an equivalent combination of experience, training and achievement
- Exceptional leadership qualities and a substantial record of achievement in creating and leading effective professional learning and delivering quality learning outcomes for all students
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and drive change and engender a high performing collaborative service culture
- A demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; to exercise sound judgement; and to negotiate with senior stakeholders to influence the educational agenda for CSO schools
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to develop and sustain constructive and respectful relationships within and beyond the school community
- Ability to innovate, embed and apply new learning within a rapidly changing sector and global environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively optimise the school’s human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational and educational outcomes
- Sound knowledge of system and school Principal accountabilities, responsibilities and delegations
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant legislative and legal frameworks including equity and diversity, work health and safety and performance management principles in the management of staff and the capacity to implement relevant plans and policies to ensure strong governance
- Exemplary understanding of, and engagement with, contemporary issues in education, catholic schooling and leadership
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact: Michelle Gilbert [email protected] +61 2 4979 1268
By email (preferred): [email protected]
Catholic Schools Office
PO Box 714
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your completed application and CV should address the criteria outlined above and should record your current NESA and Working With Children number. Please download the application pack and additional school specific information. (See below)
Applications should be emailed as one PDF attachment (Reference 7852 to [email protected] by 4pm, Monday, 30 July 2018.
Intending applicants are required to nominate three (3) referees:
- The Parish Priest of their parish of worship and/or parish in which they teach
- Current Principal
- One other (which may include School Consultant or Area Supervisor) Confidential Reports will be obtained from these people
Closing Date: Monday 30 July, 2018
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office - Maitland-Newcastle
- Salary Salary is in accordance with NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Principal Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017.
- Location Maitland, Newcastle, NSW